How Much Does Botox Cost?
Think BOTOX® Cosmetic is out of your budget? Think again!
Have you been putting off exploring BOTOX Cosmetic as an option to treat facial wrinkles because you assume it’s too expensive? The truth is that rejuvenating your appearance with the nations #1 wrinkle reducer may be more affordable than you think! Here’s how the cost of Botox is broken down, the factors that can influence its cost and how you can ensure you NEVER pay full price and can go “line free” for less!
THE COST OF BOTOX
If you’ve done your research, you may have noticed that the price of Botox can vary widely. When Botox is shipped to your injection specialist, it arrives in a powdered form. A saline solution is added to the product to make each vial contain 100 units of Botox. Most clinics charge “per unit” of BOTOX or “per area.” This variation in charging can lead to significant fluctuations in pricing, so it is essential to understand the average number of units usually required to effectively treat an area.
WHAT KEY FACTORS AFFECT THE COST OF YOUR BOTOX TREATMENT?
1. The area you are having treated and its size: BOTOX is not “one size fits all.” Whether you just want the furrow between your eyebrows treated or you are looking for a full-face rejuvenation, the number of areas you have treated will impact the price.
2. How strong your facial muscles are: Because men tend to have stronger and thicker facial muscles than women, treatment may be more expensive for men. Also, some of us naturally have stronger facial muscles and will, therefore, require more units of product to ensure that that muscle can effectively relax and smooth out surface lines.
3. The area that requires treatment: Some areas of the face simply need more BOTOX than others. For example, the lines around your eyes, or “Crow’s Feet,” require minimal units for an effective treatment, but to treat the underarms for excessive sweating can take almost an entire vial of BOTOX (100 units per underarms), sometimes more.
4. Where you live and receive treatment: Certain cities may be more expensive to seek treatment in, such as New York or Los Angeles, simply due to the demand for treatment and the cost of living in those areas.
5. The reputation and qualifications of your provider: Some states do not require that a physician inject your Botox. Most states require that a registered nurse practicing under the medical direction of a physician is qualified to administer treatment. In most cases, receiving treatment from a non-physician provider can be more economical, but you must make sure that this person is licensed and qualified to perform your treatment. The cost of your treatment may also be more expensive if your provider is considered an area expert and is in high demand to perform BOTOX treatments.
6. Whether or not you are a Brilliants Distinctions Rewards Member: Allergan, the manufacturer of BOTOX Cosmetic, has created a rewards program that allows you to earn points on all of your injectable treatments which can be used as cash discounts off your future treatments. This program is absolutely free and can save you hundreds on BOTOX treatments each year. JOIN HERE!
WHAT ARE AVERAGE COSTS PER UNIT OF BOTOX?
Although pricing can vary, as we discussed, the national average is $550/treatment. If you are having your BOTOX injected by a physician provider, expect to pay $14 to $18/unit. Non-physician providers, who can offer equal if not superior treatment in some cases, may charge anywhere from $12 to $16/unit. By adding in discounts from their Brilliant Distinctions Rewards, many patients pay as little as $10-$12/unit.
If advertised pricing seems to be “too good to be true,” beware. There are unqualified providers out there that will try to lure in patients with basement bargain pricing. What’s worse is that many of them may not even be using REAL BOTOX, or they may be diluting the product beyond industry standards, therefore giving you an ineffective treatment.
Did you know? Katie McClellan is a Certified Physician Assistant who has been providing BOTOX treatments for almost a decade. She is regularly cited as a St Louis Park, Minneapolis and St Paul MN area expert for cosmetic injections like BOTOX. Schedule a complimentary consultation with Katie at Infinite Youth Medical Spa to discusses your wrinkle reducing options!